Kitchen cabinets and drawers can hide a disorganized mess. The best way to organize your cabinets is to think about how you use them. Organized shelves ensure that everything is easy to grab when you need it.
Organizing your kitchen cabinets can be a big job, so don’t try to do it all at once. Organizing one kitchen cabinet at a time, until all of them are clean and functional.
How to Clean and Organize Your Kitchen Cabinets
Start with something easy, like your everyday dishes. Follow these basic steps, which you can then apply to all your kitchen cabinets and drawers.
1. Remove Everything. It’s easiest to tackle organizing with a clean slate. Lay everything out and decide how you want your cabinets to look.
2. Assess Your Cabinet. Is it easy to find the items that you use most often? Do items get in the way? Pare down to what you actually use and consider getting rid of or donating items that you don’t
3. Storage. Baskets and bins can be used to contain small items that may create clutter such as dish towels, cleaning supplies and spices.
4. Access. Put the things you use everyday in the easiest to access cabinets and at eye level
5. Clean. Scrub down the shelves to make sure they are squeaky clean. If you use shelf liners, rip the old liners out, then scrub the cabinets.
6. Load. After you’ve organized and cleaned, it’s time to load everything back into their new spaces.
If you invest the time and energy into decluttering and organizing your kitchen it will help you make the most of your kitchen space. Do you have any organizational hacks or tips for keeping your kitchen cabinets clean and organized? Let us know in the comments.