Immigration Information

When making a foreign investment in The Bahamas certain immigration provisions will apply.

Work permits for key foreign personnel in any business development will be granted. Permits for non-essential personnel will need to be discussed with the Bahamas Investment Authority (BIA) in advance.

Residential property of up to five acres may be acquired by foreign investors without prior approval from the government, though must be registered in accordance with the International Persons Landholding Act. Investors who own residential property in The Bahamas are eligible for an annual Home Owners Residence Card which enables the home owner, their spouse and children to reside in The Bahamas. Major investors and owners of homes worth more than $750,000 may be given accelerated consideration for permanent residency.

Bahamas Investment Authority

Office of the Prime Minister

Cecil Wallace-Whitfield Centre

Cable Beach, P.O. Box CB-10980

T: (242) 327-5970 thru 4

F: (242) 327-5907

Department of Immigration

Hawkins Hill, P.O. Box N-831

T: (242) 322-7530

F: (242) 326-0977